Copyright, Access, and Use
Identifying Usage Rights
Each object in Oregon Digital has a Rights statement identifying its copyright status. A License may also be listed that allows additional uses. We encourage Fair Uses of our materials whenever possible.
These standardized statements identify the copyright status of an object. More information is available at https://rightsstatements.org/en/
- In Copyright:
- In Copyright - Educational Use Permitted:
- In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted:
- In Copyright - Rights Holders(s) Unlocatable or Unidentifiable:
- In Copyright - EU Orphan Work:
- No Copyright - United States:
- No Copyright - Contractual Restrictions:
- No Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Only:
- No Copyright - Other Known Legal Restrictions:
- Copyright Not Evaluated:
- Copyright Undetermined:
- No Known Copyright:
Objects in the public domain do not have restrictions on usage. We request that you acknowledge the source of the object whenever possible.
- When an object's copyright has expired, it will list the Public Domain Mark:
- When a rights holder has chosen to place their work in the public domain, it will list a Creative Commons CC0 Universal Public Domain license:
Creative Commons Licenses
Creative Commons licenses provide limited uses as assigned by the rights holder. Refer to the Creative Commons website for more information. Creative Commons licenses:
- Creative Commons - Attribution (BY):
- Creative Commons - Attribution, ShareAlike (BY-SA):
- Creative Commons - Attribution, No Derivatives (BY-ND):
- Creative Commons - Attribution, Non-Commercial (BY-NC):
- Creative Commons - Attribution, Non-Commercial, ShareAlike (BY-NC-SA):
- Creative Commons - Attribution, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives (BY-NC-ND):
Additional Usage Requests
Additional usages may be granted by contacting the copyright holder or repository for permissions. Please use the contact form to request additional permissions, or contact the Rightsholder directly if known.
Some objects have additional restrictions on access to only the hosting institution, usually due to purchased content and contractual restrictions. There may be additional usage restrictions on this content.
Users must be on campus or connected to the campus network for access to these materials. For University of Oregon users, see the UO Libraries instructions for off-campus access. For Oregon State University users, see the instructions for setting up VPN access.